Where trolls are beloved members of the community.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You can't always get what you want....but sometimes

Things just have a way of working out. I'm not sure if it's the time of the year, the moon cycle, planetary alignment, a monkey who predicts earth quakes, or what have you, but sometimes things really just work out the way they are supposed to.

Last year when Shandaken Unplugged began its run following in the steps of the late great Original Fanci Colon/Barry Derrmann's The Shandaken Truth, no one could have predicted the impact both sites would have on the community and the events that eventually unfolded. Not that the Buffster is claiming these sites were responsible for the hysterical results, not in the least. I think the readers did that all themselves. However, one cannot deny the effect that was felt, both positive and negative, as was the intention, on the community. What was probably the biggest surprise to the Buffster herself, was that others were also paying attention to the posts on the blogs. By "others", the Buffster means people who live in the Hudson Valley Corridor. Yeah, I know, in school they taught you that the world ended at the thruway round-a-bout and that was where the earth dropped off flat!

But a whole world does exist outside the little bubble you call home (Shandaken) with people, and boats, people on boats, cars and dogs, dogs driving cars, etc. And in the mix, executives of big box stores exist outside the bubble. Big boxes with social commentaries, fancy clothing, sparkly sweatshirts, and employee discounts. Ironically, executives outside of the bubble like to read blogs from inside the bubble. They like to read lots of blogs inside the bubble. And when they see a blog they really like (read: laugh their ass off while reading) they contact the blogger and...you see where I'm going with this, don't you?

Yes, chirruns, the Buffster was recently offered a position as an associate that is outside the bubble with glossy floors, fancy flyers, sparkly shelves, and lots of new merchandise. ! Do you think stoli cocktails at Belleayre can be considered an expense write-off?

Of course, I know what you're thinking, I can always tell what the voices in my head are thinking, even before they say it.

"But the Buffster , are you sure this is the real deal, and not some dirty trick set up by the evil doers of the town?"

Yes, at first I was suspicious too. Anydrinkwhore, you know how I love a good game and an offer for free drinks, so I said, "Usually I suck but this time I'll bite."

But after several phone conversations, and finally a fantastic lunch at trendy (read: expensive) lunch cart, it became apparent that I was in the company of an honest to goodness executive. I highly recommend the rotisserie hot dogs with chili sauerkraut- I likes my lunch that kicks me back, the Buffster thought, "If this is a dirty trick being played on me, with a $3 lunch under my belt, I can't wait to see how they drop the bomb." Then came the little Debbie cake with cherries...that was only eh, so bomb dropped!

Anyfoodpoisoning, long, wonderful, exciting story short...the Buffster will soon have a larger contingency of bitches to blog to! But fear not, my loyal beh-behs, you will not be abandoned. Not fully.

Soon enough I will no longer have the time to devote to this blog that I have in the past, but rest assured, I will continue with staggered (pun not lost on me, how 'bout you?) posts, I'll need to keep up with local shenanigans and try out new bitching methods, won't I?

The moral to this story? Wicked, with a large dose of funny is attractive and marketable. Mean without humor...not so much. That's a lesson some have to learn the hard way.

So, yes, things turn out the way they are meant too, and maybe it was the monkey who predicts earthquakes who made it all possible. Or maybe this time is was equal parts hard work and the Buffster's unique talent... with a dash of Smirnoff.

Okay...perhaps it was also a quarter cup of monkey prediction...but only for coloring.

Till next time, my beh-behs

 Join me on Facebook
The Buffster  just discovered this wonderful way to keep up with her bitches, Facebook, so I have opened an account, and would welcome you to follow me as a friend. I'm too shy to friend request myself (i.e., the liquor cabinet is full) so if you're game, give me a look-see!

The Buffster on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment